1917 – George B. Lane & Co. merges with Piper, Jaffray & Co. to form Lane, Piper & Jaffray, brokers of commercial paper securities.
1914 – F.P. Hopwood and his son, Robert Gaddis Hopwood, introduce Hopwood Investment Co., which specializes in mortgage loans, real estate and insurance.
1913 – H.C. Piper Sr. and C.P. Jaffray establish their own commercial paper business called
Piper, Jaffray & Co.